Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Soul Soothing

She is just TOO gorgeous!
I soo need to be focused on what I have coming up within the next 2 days, but I had to take a quick intermission to just let my mind breathe and be at ease, and what other way to do it but to listen to the sweet sounds of  Sade. Words CANNOT express what Sade's music means to me. I grew up on Sade. My mom use to play her CDs all the time and still does. My musical love affair with her continued to grow stronger and stronger as I got older and started really listening to her words. (BTW, if you don't know who Sade is, PLEASE Google her, and then SLAP yourself...lol)


There's no OTHER artist out there that can GIVE me what Sade gives to me--NO ONE. Her vocals, her unique tone, lyrics, choice of words, the stories within her songs,  etc...I just love this woman! I know it may sound like I'm "girl crushing" HARD but it's  SOO much deeper than that.


I have many favs when it comes to her songs, but these two that I'm about to feature are two of my top favs and the songs that have been on my mind all day.

First song......"Love is Stronger Than Pride"


"I won't pretend that I intend to stop living, 
I won't pretend, that I'm good at forgiving
But I can't hate you
Although I have tried
Mmmmmm
I still really really love you
Love is stronger than pride"

This song gives me the chills every time I listen to it. And it seems to always play at the right time. It's funny how they're songs for every moment goes on within your life.

I love this song for several reasons. I agree with the title. I feel whole-heartedly that love is stronger than pride. My interpretation of this song: A woman who is dealing with a situation from a man that she loves--a break up, a break, or maybe she's just upset with him. He has done some  unforgivable things and she's not saying that she's a pro when it comes to forgiving them, and although he's done some effed up things and has tried to hate him, she can't, because she's very much still in love with him. And that's just the beginning. Later on in the song she says "Sitting here wasting my time, would be like waiting for the sun to rise"....then proceeds to say a few lines down "Sitting here waiting for you would be like waiting for winter....". This could mean several things, but to me, it seems like she's either willingly and waiting for him to get it together, or that there is no point in holding on anymore. Whatever the case my be, I love this song, and it has been in rotation majority of the day! :-)

Second song "Like A Tattoo"
I'm not even going to go into my interpretation of this song. I'd rather you guys just listen to it. Listen to the words, listen to the story, and let the music move you and take you somewhere that you didn't know that you could go. 

I'm the type of person that day dreams....A LOT. I don't mean to, but my thoughts sometimes just gets to me to the point where I'm staring off into space just letting my thoughts take me to where ever they're trying to go. Then I SNAP back when the time is right. Add music to the scene and I'm on a WHOLE different level. Sade's music overall just moves me. Songs about love, struggle, heartache, hurt, happiness, etc. I know a lot of other artists out there write/sing about the same thing, but it's different. It's inexplicable. Her music either makes me laugh, smile, cry, revisit feelings, relax, think, among others, on a different level that other songs do. 

There's only one person on this earth that knows how I feel about Sade. So I'm going to take a leap and dedicate these songs to them. I know that you love and appreciate her work as much as  do I, and can't help but to think about you every time I listen to her songs....


Intermission over....

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment