Monday, January 2, 2012

The Realest Post I Ever Wrote-Happy 2012

This post is brought to you by this beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean that I am currently admiring from my hotel room window. :-) I havent been the best blogger in the year 2011 (with very good excuses might I add), but in 2012 I will definitely try my hardest to at least blog once a week. Keyword...TRY!!!!!! Moving on though, my aunt keeps telling me that this is my year when it comes to academics, professional, etc. While I do believe her, I just wanted to step back, think, and express myself a little. 2011 has been a crazy year. Definitely one of my hardest working years and I have to say that I am extremely proud of myself. Although I've had a great year as far as determination and ambition, I haven't been the best person that I could be. Like you all, I am a work in progress. I'm not perfect. No one is. This may be a bold thing to say, but I'm starting to think that people would like to focus on all your negatives then focus on your positives. And that's sad. In a world of imperfections, I do not think that people have a right to judge you based on the things that you do, when they should look in the mirror themselves.

I'm starting to realize that not everyone is for you. Although they say that they will always be in your corner, love you, etc., with some, thats far from the truth. That they would rather see you suffer in a time of need, then put differences aside to help you. I have to say that THAT's the most selfish thing you can do. Things happen, whether it was provoked, accidentally, etc. And ppl make mistakes. But why must they be constantly reminded by the wrong that they have done and be treated so cold? I've done some effed up things in 2011. Really just 1 thing...but I don't deserve to be treated inhumanely no matter what. Well, there are some acceptable actions that can result to one being treated like sh*t, but I digress.... Point is, everyone who truly knows me would agree.


Spending my 1st of the New Year physically sick and emotionally drained was a turning point for me. No one likes to be sick on vacay. That's the worst thing ever. And one wants to feel alone. I was able to sit back and reflect on ALL 365 days of 2011. Every positive and every negative. At the end of the day, all I can say that 2011 was the year of strength ( testing of strength). They were and still are alot of lessons to be learned even past 2011, but I have definetely learned alot. Being able to get away and be miles away from home really can clear your head, and although my head isn't completely clear ( because I'm still congested lol), I had my time to think and reflect on life. I want go leave 2011 behind and focus on what's ahead.

To my close friends, I thank you for all that you do and continue to do for me. Whether we speak everyday or every few weeks, I thank you for always being there in some shape or form. To my family, no words needed. My actions speak so much louder then what words can describe. To those individuals that I have hurt of offended along the way in 2011, I do apologize for crossing lines and for my short comings.

I look forward to all that 2012 has to offer. The new people that enter my life, the strengthen of friendships and relationships, the new adventures, and just enjoying life period. Those who chose not to accompany me on my journey, that's your decision and I wish you nothing but the best in all that you do. I believe that everything happens for a reason. What that reason is, I have no idea. But I do know that everything in life is a lesson.

I know that I am going places in life. I may stumble on the way, but at the end of the day, God has my back and is looking out for me. I hold no negative feelings towards ANYONE as I embark in this new year and new journey. All I can do is look forward. I said all that I could say and had to say. If people still want to be consumed in what I have done or havent done, then......?????

A special birthday shout out to two amazing women....my friend Leslie and Arika!!!!!!! I hope you guys enjoy your big days and ask that God continues to bless you both!!!!! Xoxoxox

Another SHOUTOUT to my bestie who got engaged on NYE and I was there to witness it. Love is a beautiful thing and to be apart of something as precious as an engagement brought tears to my eyes. I'm sooo proud of you and I see great things happening for the both of you. Congrats!!!

To the person trying to sell or break the code to get into my lost phone....good luck!!! Mad I lost all 300 and something of my pictures but there's no point in crying over spilled milk. New phone is on it's waaaayyyyy :-)

To my future....I'm ready for ya *Drake voice* :-)

Last day of vacay...going out with a bang.....

HAPPY 2012!!!!!!!

-Mel

1 comment: