Thursday, August 25, 2011

How Long is Patience?

Such an interesting question if you ask me, but a thought that has probably ran across your mind. Patience is an art I tell you. It's something I have struggled with all of my 20-something years of existence. It wasn't until my most recent relationship where I dealt with it head on. Since then, along with natural growth, it's something that I have been trying to work on in every aspect. Honestly, I've gotten SOO much better at it, but I do find myself asking just how long patience is. It seems like recently more than ever, my patience has been tested and not necessarily in a bad way. In one aspect, I find myself biting my tongue a lot because I don't want to come across too strong. So I've been finding myself just following the lead, because I'm such a bold, determined, impulsive person, I may just come across TOO much, but in essence, I'm not...I'm just a very passionate person that knows what and who I want. Lol. In another aspect, I find myself playing the waiting game. Doing everything that I can do on my part, and leaving my fate in the hands of a group of people. *crosses fingers* :-)

So...is there really a time limit on patience? I'd would have to say yes AND no...depending on the situation that you may be in. If you're patiently waiting for a job...no...there are NO time limit on that. If you're waiting for your significant other to change for the better...YES...there IS a time limit on that. So it varies, it all depends on what you can or cannot tolerate and where patience falls in with that. 

Here's the thing though, you CANNOT complain about patience if you're not doing your part in the first place. There is soo many people out there complaining about their situations...."Ugh I need a new job...I need to graduate...I need a boo...I need a car...I need to get my life together...I need more money...."etc. You honestly and sincerely have to LOOK inside and ask yourself, what am I REALLY doing to help myself get to where I'm trying to go. Seriously....there is NO PROGRESSION with out actions. You can try, but I guarantee you will be at a standstill. This doesn't go for EVERYTHING when it comes to patience, but for most..it does. I'm talking about the things that truly matter!

I pose the question again...how long is patience? Well, it's simple...how long are you willing to wait for the things you really want after you've done your part?

One thing I will advise for ANY one who may be losing their patience...PRAY!!! I can't recommend that enough, because it works! I'm not going to get TOO religious on you, but most of the situations that we are in is God testing how patient we are, and if we will stay faithful and consistent in prayer praying out the things that we want to leave in his hands. 

Think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment