Friday, April 8, 2011

Quit The Drama....GROW UP!

I don't know what possessed me to write on this topic so early in the morning, but this has been a topic that has plagued my mind for the longest! Watching shows like "The Real Housewives of Atlanta...Beverly Hills, New York, New Jersey, ALL OF THEM", "Love and Hip-Hop", "Basketball Wives", etc and the rest of the drama filled "reality shows" that are out there, just made me realize that no matter how old you are, women of ALL ages are childish and that's just sad. I know a lot of these shows are just for pure entertainment and as a society, I guess we LOVE the drama (don't lie...you know you tuned into the reunion shows of ALL of these shows listed above--minus "Love and Hip-Hop" of course) but COME ON NOW...really?!?! You are a 40 something year old carrying on as if you were in high school....REALLY?!?! Now listen, I have nothing against ANY of these older women, and I have my favs on these shows and they are getting paid every episode (get your $$$ boo boo), but when you think of the bigger picture, it is really embarrassing and sad the way that these women carry on.

I know I have no business talking as if I'm better than these women because I'm 20 something years younger than them, and that really doesn't give me the ground to talk.But as a woman myself, I feel like I do have the right to say something about it based on my own personal experiences and the experiences of others when it comes to other fellow women. When you think about it, we are a "catty" species. Ready to pounce on the next victim, slap the next {*censored*,} judgmental, in competition with each other,and do all that's drama filled. Please, please, PLEASE...MISS ME WITH ALL DAT! *in my Bonqisha voice*  Me personal, I have a small circle of female friends. I have best friends, close friends, and friends that are basically an extension of family. (I guess those are close friends also...lol) I can say with all the confidence in me that NONE of my female friends act in ANY childish manner. We may all have our moments when we act a little immature, but full blown childishness--uhhhhh...NEGATIVE! lol "Sometimey" friends, no..THOSE are associates. Lol. Out of my life, or I should say my collegiate career, I've lost a total of 4-5 female friends. All for different reasons, some STUPID and some LIGHTWEIGHT serious, but all for the same topic I'm blogging about now--being childish. I must say, since those individuals exited my life, female drama has been NON-EXISTENT! Not going to speak on individual matters because they don't deserve any recognition anywhere on my site, but I hold no grudges and have no bad blood between them all and wish them the BEST in life. 

Overall, I'm just trying to say, WOMEN.....yes.....I'm talking to all my female readers right now. We HAVE to do better! Like...SERIOUSLY! I know with age comes maturity, but as you can see from these reality shows, age has nothing to do with maturity. You should not be concern if another female woman is lying about how many months she's pregnant, (really, that should not have even been a drawn out to all the episodes it was), or even stoop to "mean girl" level as Evelyn from "Basketball Wives" did with the situation with Suzie. It really WASN'T THAT SERIOUS! But once again...DRAMA is our (women) nature, and it HAS TO STOP. So they're will probably NEVER be anything exciting on TV if these shows never existed, and I know the era of reality TV is going NO WHERE any time soon. As long as we don't get consumed up in the drama and can seperate their lives from ours, then hey, no problem. All in all, honestly, if you're 25+ and acting like any of these women, then I need for you to reevaluate your purpose in life and GROW UP!

*drops mic*

Note: This was actually written around 10 but I actually had work to do today so I kept stopping...:-)

1 comment:

  1. *likes this post like it's a facebook status*

    ummm i think because of how childish and very high school ish these women act i cannot watch the show anymore. every season the drama is heightened and the women act much younger...it's just........whack lol.

    i'm done

    ReplyDelete