Friday, April 1, 2011

We're Really Growing Up--Life!

First and foremost let me say, HAPPY APRIL and HAPPY APRIL FOOLS TO ALL you jokers out there. I haven't gotten pranked today, and I hope I don't! Lol. I think I'm going to do some research behind this holiday, because I'm not sure why it is one. But I digress...

Moving on...

I had to take this moment to have a real life convo with my readers. This life is soo crazy yet so beautiful at the same time. The older and older I become, the wiser I get, and I am very appreciative of my mindset and mentality and would not change a SINGLE thing about the person that I am. Now, with that said, as I have stated before, I am a very observant person, and to top it off, I'm a thinker.What I have been observing and thinking about the most is those who surround me that are in the same age bracket as me that are sharing their lives with the people they love. Don't get me yet...I'm talking about ENGAGEMENTS, MARRIAGES, and PREGNANCIES! I can't tell you how many people that I know that are either recently engaged, wedding just around the corner, or with little buns in the oven, and I'm blown away by it all. (But in a good way though :-)) I'm realizing each and every day that ish is getting REAL in these streets. It's great to see the people that are closest to me, people that I grew up with, went to school with, and even family members that are embarking on one, if not ALL of the three. I have to say, I'm hating a wee bit right now, but IT'S all love, because I'm happy for each and everyone of you guys and I truly mean that!

I can't say it enough how life is crazy, unpredictable, but yet a beautiful gift that we often take for granted. What makes this life worth living even more is being able to share it with the people you love the most--family members, friends, and life partners. I don't care what ANY ONE says. EVERYONE WANTS/NEEDS SOMEONE! So all you bruised, hopeless romantics out there, you're time will come when you experience love, marriage, and children. You may have been telling yourself that you've waited long enough and your patience is running low, but just continue to be just that--patient. God is in the works of creating your ideal man/woman., and those that you have lost along the way, were all a waste of time. Okay, that sounds harsh but not necessarily a "waste of time". Just a lesson you needed to learn. (Yes, that sounds MUCH better, although, some people that may have came in and out of your life were really a waste of time *shrugs* lol.) Me personally, I'm a fan of love! A sucker for it as some will say about me. But I can't help it. I have a BIG CARING HEART to give and share with the right individual. ;-) I just LOVE to see people so happy with all the things that they've dreamed, hoped for, prayed about, etc. To see it actually happening around me instead of in movies, just goes to show that dreams do come true. Hello, movies about love wouldn't be made if real life experiences never occurred--at least that's how I SEE IT! lol. But don't get me wrong....I've become more of a realist then ANY THING else as the days go by and the more and more growing I do.

Well, to wrap this all up, congrats to you ALL for the life changing events that are happening to you. Congrats to my mothers and fathers-to-be, wives and husbands-to be, the newlyweds, new parents, and to the buns in the ovens that are cooking! A BIG SHOUT OUT to the MEN (notice I said MEN, not BOYS) that know where they want to go in life, and are secure with themselves as men to take on a bold action as proposing to your girlfriend, and/or being the best father-to-be. There needs to be more GREAT MEN out there, so all my hopeless romantics can share the same happiness ;-) And for those who haven't reached that point yet, SHOUT OUT to the couples that have been together for YEARS. Shout out to those individuals who met their significant other in college, who have been with their partner since high school. Those who parted ways  just to end up back together and brought you guys even stronger!! Shout out to those who are taking a risk with love!Shout out the those not letting the confusion of life cloud your judgement and keeping you away from the woman/man that you love. Shout out to those individuals that just got into a relationship. Enjoy the journey! SHOUT OUTS TO YOU ALL!!!!

To love...peace...happiness...

To LIFE! *raises glass and insert sappy love song here*

2 comments:

  1. Loved this one! As a newlywed I can honestly say that sharing your whole self with the people you love in so many different capacities is quite a challenge. The one advice I was given beforehand, was to work on what I had control over and what was most obvious: MYSELF!! In doing that, you prepare yourself for what is to come to the greatest extent possible. Things may throw you for a loop but your self improvement will help you through the battles that come with opening yourself up to those new roles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put!!!I think it is VERY important to work on yourself before you can give ALL of you to a person WHOLEHEARTEDLY and give on so many different levels!

    ReplyDelete