Friday, March 25, 2011

House Of Balloons--xo


When I say this is REALLY for the musical open minded...I'm NOT even playing. If you haven't figured it out by now..I am a BIG music head. I love all types of music. I love originality, lyrics, musicality, THE WHOLE 9!!! It felt so good to stumble upon this group. (shout out to that person's tweet). The Weeknd-xo is NOT your typical R&B group and I love it! I don't know much about them but that they are from Canada (Toronto if I'm not mistaken) and Drake (also a native Torontonian--that's SO not a word, but WHATEVER lol.) supports them to the fullest. Actually, Drake promoted them on his blog. (I can't remember which one though.) When I say this group is AMAZING...it's an UNDERSTATEMENT. Just something about the songs,the lyrics, the hidden meanings, the production,...uhhhh...I can't explain it. The best way I could describe how this group's music makes me feel would be....hmmm...*thinking*....me being on drugs. And I DO NOT mean that in a bad way! (Disclaimer: I do not SUPPORT drugs in any way, shape, or form--drug free is the WAY to be!) You almost have to have that "on another planet" mentality to appreciate their music and they take me there! I felt like this mixtape was something that I needed to hear, and I wanted to share with you guys. Let me forwarn you, this mixtape isn't for everybody and not everyone will appreciate it. For those who can, and love listening to music as much as I do, then you're in for a treat. The song that I'm currently blasting is "The Knowing". I wish I knew the exact lyrics to certain parts of the song, but I feel like it's SPEAKING to me right now. My other favs are "Wicked Games", "Coming Down" "What You Need", "Loft Music", hell..the WHOLE mixtape! I have a feeling that this group is going to BLOW UP. The whole world needs to listen to the story that they have to tell. Download their mixtape here. Follow them on Twitter @theweekndxo and like them on Facebook. Enjoy!


2 comments: