Saturday, March 12, 2011

What's Going On?

Man, where do I even begin? I was really suppose to post this yesterday but I got a little tangled up. I'm a day late but my thoughts about this situation doesn't change. I'm sure you've heard about the DEVASTATING events that have taken place on Friday in Japan. (And if you haven't, have you been hiding under a rock for a day? Like..REALLY. Be up on your current events!) Anywho, first and foremost, I want to send out my condolences to anyone who is affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, Hawaii, and the West Coast. Apart from this situation, I know you guys are ALSO familiar with what's going on in Libya (once again, if you DON'T know, please do some research!)  My heart is really heavy about all of these natural disasters and wars, because I honestly feel like God is trying to speak to us. Well, more like SCREAMING because he's been speaking to us for QUITE some time now. Now, I'm not trying to preach, or even get all religious on here, but seriously, what is going on in our world? When I think about all these earthquakes that have happened within the past year, the flooding and tornadoes that are hitting the states, and the violence going on overseas, it REALLY makes me sad and wonder if our days are numbered here on Earth.

What makes me even more sad that it takes something bad happening for us all to get a reality check. It's takes natural disasters, close calls, the untimely deaths of people we love the most or grew up with, etc. before we count our blessings and thank our creator for sparing our lives, and it shouldn't be that way. Everyday is a gift from the man upstairs! That saying "life's too short" really needs to be followed, because you never know when YOUR day will come. And this isn't to scare you guys. I'm just being REAL! When's the LAST time you told your parents you loved them? Did something nice for someone just because? The last time you genuinely sat down and thanked God for everything in your life...both good and bad? If you cannot answer these questions, then it's time to change that. I think about  all who are currently suffering over there in Japan and my heart crumbles, because a lot of them don't have the opportunity to change that....and suddenly....my personal problems are not even important anymore.

So do something different today. Start living your life as if you weren't going to be here tomorrow. Tell the people around you how much you love and appreciate them. Don't hold on to grudges and create bad air between you and someone else. You recently had a falling out with a friend, be the bigger person and work it out. Just broke up with your significant other and giving them the cold shoulder but still very much love them, get back together with them. Just do it all people! This life is a crazy thing, but it isn't worth living if you don't appreciate those and share your life with those who are around you and love the most. If our day was to come tomorrow, what would be your last memories? Think about it.....


What inspired this title of this post was this song. This was recorded by an All Star Cast of artists, sampling from Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On". This was released shortly after the September 11th tragedies. Listen to the words of this song. 

God Bless the WORLD! And a big SHOUT OUT to the men and woman that are in the Arms Forces, Navy, Army, Marines, etc. that are going over there to help Japan during their time of need. 

1 comment:

  1. very true. Life is too short. Got to appreciate it every day.

    ReplyDelete