Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"A Beautiful Storm"



I never did like when it stormed.....was always concerned about the power going out...being struck by lightening, and the thunder scares me...
But my fear never prepared me for what I was about to experience.....

Cool autumn night as I sat by the window...
Waiting for the rain to fall...
Thought I'd try something and experience the rain from another view...
Outside....

Fear and hesitation was SCREAMING at me as I opened the door,
But that didn't stop me...
Stepped outside and it proceeded to rain harder.
Heard the rumbling of the clouds
Instincts told me to turn back around and go back into the house...but I stayed..
Curiosity intrigued me...

Lightening struck once, followed by thunder, as the electric wave hit my body cavity.
What I always imagined being painful, felt....felt...
Overwhelming...new...BRAND new.
I looked up to the sky as the rain hit my forehead..
Embracing each drop that rolled down my face...
The drops proceeded to roll down to my lips...
Stuck my tongue out my mouth to taste and it was everything I thought it would be...
Sweet....

Feeling the rain against my skin gave me so much comfort,
Made me feel safe, and erased all of my fears.
Never thought about riskin' my life out of curosity...
As the rain continued to fall, clouds rumbling, and lightening illuminating the sky,
I stood there and soaked it all in...thinkin that there was no where else I'd rather be at...
..such a beautiful storm...

Out of nowhere, the storm got really bad and you could tell that it had a mind of its own.
It seemed to be getting worse, and lost all control.
A tornado formed in the process and off it went...
Destroying the foundation that it built.
Roots were pulled out the soil...
Houses crumbled...
Debris covered the ground below my feet.
And there I was...heartbroken..as the world around me shattered.

It felt good to get a relief from such a natural disaster.
The sun was shining...the birds chirping...
But all I could think about was what I just experienced.
I longed for the storm, hoping it would be predicted in the weather forecast...
...but it wasn't....

Fantasies turned into day dreams, day dreams turned into nightly dreams.
Just to wake up each morning to see that the sun was shining yet another day...
Bittersweet...
"Sunny Days and Cool Nights" the weatherman said with so much excitement, for the upcoming week's system.
But something felt different....I could feel it in my bones...

And just like that...around midnight Saturday...the sign of clouds started to appear.
My eyes lite up...
I knew a storm was brewing in the midst.
For a week it drizzled until I finally heard the clouds start to rumble...
Then...it happened...I was struck by lightening for the second time...
As the electric surge overtakes my body, memories of the past takes over my mind...
Damn...this feels better then the first time...

I was a bit hesitant at first...
Residuals from the last disaster traumatized me...but I risked my life a second time...
I knew such a feeling...an ELECTRIC feeling...comes around rarely.
So I embraced the rain again...
Felt soo good to experience such a familiar touch.
Replanting the seeds in the saturated soil was not easy...
One seed at a time I told myself...

...BLOSSOMED...

Fully recovered...as long as the storm stuck around..I was happy
Rain fell everyday for the past six months..
Progress..INCREDIBLE...

...NATURAL HIGH...

That all changed...

I fell asleep one night, woke up to clear skies.
The storm must have passed the night before, but this time, it didn't leave such a destructive path...

Confused...baffled...hurt...sadden...
Will it ever return?...

They say lightening doesn't strike the same place twice...but it did...
Will it strike a third time?
I'm left watching The Weather Channel...
Hoping that rain is in the weeks forecast..
They never could get it right...

As I sit here, watching the rain fall from my window..
I'm forever reminded by the first time I experienced...
Something so life changing...
A disaster it was, but I will never forget such a beautiful storm....

3 comments:

  1. wow...



    check you out....


    that was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mouth drops to the floor..as i give u billions of snaps!!! i loveeeee this Mel! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I really appreciate the feedback! :-)

    @Anonymous...I wish u didn't disguise urself...lol...this is a safe place...reveal urself I say...lol

    ReplyDelete