Sunday, March 6, 2011

You Gotta Get Back Up!


I woke up this morning with this song on my mind. I love love LOVE this song. Just instills positivity. "Get Back Up" feat Chris Brown. is one of the singles that is on T.I.'s "No Mercy" album, which was released back in December 2010. I love this song so much primarily because of the combo of both T.I. and Chris Brown and also the lyrics. These men have gone through a lot legally (Chris Brown with the domestic violence case against Rihanna, and T.I. with the gun charges) T.I. was sentenced to served a year and a day in jail, but was released from jail back in Dec 2010 and moved into a halfway house. He was released from that bondage in March 2010, exactly a day before to the year that he was sentenced. Unfortunately, T.I. violated his probation back in September 2010 when he was charged with having drugs, and associating with a convicted felon (Along with his wife Tameka "Tiny" Harris) and is currently serving a sentence of 11 months. Fortunately for T.I., the drug charges were dropped. He is set to be released on September 17th, 2011

So if you're feeling defeated at the moment, take a listen to this song. It's sure to be a picker upper! :-)
Keep your head up TIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment