Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let Me Introduce You to ArtisReeves


Before I even get into this piece, I would like to take the time to introduce you guys to one of my fav artistic creative beings. His various talents include singing, rapping, songwriting, drawing, and poetry, and I believe one day is thinking about writing a book. Ladies and Gentlemen, I like to introduce you to ArtisReeves©. Here on "The Lovers Express" blog site, I've already mentioned that I will always support ANY one of my family members, friends, best friends, boyfriend, and ANYONE who will support me no matter what personal issues I may be going through with them. And you will see posts often supporting and promoting different individuals. I happen to know this artist very well. I am probably one of his biggest fans and no matter where this journey takes us both in life, I will ALWAYS believe in him. You will probably see his work on here frequently, but for now, I wanted to share one of my fav pieces with you.

It's hard to chose because I have so many, but this one particularly stands out to me. The way ArtisReeves' style of writing is, depends on situations, words, events, etc. that sparks the creativity. Not going to reveal TOO MUCH of  his creative secrets, but I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I do. You can also follow his blog here where you will find this piece and so much more. Enjoy!

"Complicated Too"

Everything with you 
Complicated too
One hit drug, that heroin addiction love
It travels from veins to the ventricles
Arguements makes spectacles 
of us... Colosseum when we fight....

Then the next night...holding each other tight...
realizing the Heart is much greater...
Trust the lust been long gone..
or else we wouldn't be around, still...kill switch..

With us its hit or miss...no darts..
Strong Opinions Clash like titans,
Anger Overload, Temper explosions
Emotions change like forecasts...thunderstorms to sunshines...
Tornadoes to rainbows....
dont know where the feelings leave, go 
or how they come back
feels like they restart 
or jump back on track...like those cars with the spark to 'em
hold the trigger.... cause or souls are intertwined and made to keep running...
cause if you left it'd be like extracting
cells from me...

Cause i already put peace of  mind
piece of Akeem in your system's RAM,Memory..
But if we ever do part....
know that it was real and all the energy that partaked and was instilled...
was use to make you a better me and me a better you....
times two...
cause the Journey means more...
learn from mistakes then we sore...
to clouds that never been pressed on..flown through or rained from..
.Knowing that you were my reflection,
leaves my soul at ease cause you were God's depiction of ......
last word you chose cause only you can finish my sentence before i start it...


No comments:

Post a Comment