Friday, March 25, 2011

Love Vs. Lust

I'd have to say that this has been a topic that has been on my mind lately. I am an analytical person and will break things down to a TEE trying to understand it as a whole. And although I feel like I know the difference between LOVE and LUST, a lot of individuals my age do not and/or allow LUST to get in the way of LOVE.

It's as simple as this for me...LUST: yearning, desiring, and wanting to be with a person sexually without any emotional attachment. In simple terms--it's JUST sex! Now, is it normal for any man or women of all ages to lust after certain individuals they may know, fantasy about, or randoms...umm...I guess so. Well, I take that back..I KNOW so. Is it normal you ask? Yes...it is. There's nothing wrong with lusting, but here is where the bomb is DROPPED. People tend to confuse LUST and LOVE, and honestly, I think by a certain age, you should be able to distinguish the two.

LOVE to me...well..I'm not sure I can fully explain what love is. Because it's more of a feeling and even an action. When you LOVE your partner, it's like a breath of fresh air. Love feels like freedom. Love makes you feel INVINCIBLE. A natural high! You can feel it, smell it, taste it, hear it, and when it's real and genuine...you can definitely SEE IT.  A place where you and your lover can escape to. Love is overwhelming in a good way. Just talking about love will make you cry...THAT'S WHAT LOVE IS! Everybody's definition of love is different than mine, and that's okay. I always believed then when you truly love someone, all you see is them, until a wise woman--my mother--told me that it was normal for guys of all ages to have fantasies about being with other women, and the same thing goes for women. I was shocked to hear such a thing, but mothers know best because they have been there...DONE IT ALL! Lol

The thing that I don't seem to understand, is why do men (and women in some cases) allow LUST to get in the way of LOVE? Why do men allow the LUST for other women get in the way of how they feel about you? Why do they allow LUST to CONFUSE the LOVE that they feel and have for you? You LUST and now questioning whether you LOVE me or not? (not me persay...a general statement..so lets clear that up QUICKLY lol.) Why does LUST have to change EVERYTHING, when all it is is just that...LUST??? Soo many unanswered questions, and I will probably never figure out the true answer to it. But for me personally, I find it quite unfortunate that men allow lust to get in the way of how they truly feel about the person they have invested YEARS in. I can understand that men and women do like to explore life. In this case...sleep around and experience different people. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, because it's simply whatever you chose to do. I will never judge a person for sleeping around or only having one sexual partner. But...what I WILL JUDGE is you leaving your 80 for a 20! (Ever heard of the 80/20 rule? If not...LOOK IT UP, or watch "Why Did I Get Married" :-) )

I think it's soo CRUSHING when a guy leaves the woman he loves all because of lust, and sits there and has the audacity to question whether he really loved you in the first place because of LUST. And although it's normal, it's better to get that stuff out your system before you attempt to be in a committed relationship. But don't be so ASS BACKWARDS about it! Don't invest so much TIME, ENERGY, BLOOD ,SWEAT, TEARS, TOLERANCE, PATIENCE, etc. nurturing a relationship which progress is seen, to THEN decide that you want to test the waters.

Now, although I took it THERE with you guys, there is happier side of love and lust.

Lust and love CAN be as a whole. Because when you really love someone, you also lust for them. You can lust to be with your man/woman. You can yearn for their touch, their kiss, their hugs, etc. And in that particular situation, love and lust is a beautiful thing. I think it's a great feeling to be so connected to your partner not only sexually, but physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. That's what I call LOVE!

I'm going to leave this topic open for discussion. I've gave you my opinions, so PLEASE feel free to leave a comment below. Men...you are MORE then welcome to comment also. I encourage your comments!

2 comments:

  1. :(

    Love vs. Lust...like you said it can be a whole and dammit I want it all....I WANT IT ALL!!!

    ok enough of that..but it's true. Don't mistake lust for love...I used to be confused about that. Well actually mistook lust for "oh my gosh he likes me...likes me a lot". Maybe my booty *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! U r a trip! But yes, many people do. People need to know the difference between the two. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete