Saturday, March 5, 2011

For The Musical Open Minded

So, everybody should be familiar with Keri Hilson's sophomore album "No Boys Allowed" that was released back in December 2010. With the smash singles "Breaking Point" and "Pretty Girl Rock" right? In my opinion, I would have to say that this album is much better then her first. The type of music listener that I am when it comes to R&B albums and what dictates to me whether an album is a hit or not, is if it has a variety of songs that I can relate to, a couple of club bangers, and lyrical quality. Is it an album that I can listen to without skipping songs? Is this an album that will be frequently played on my I-pod? If the answer to those questions is YES, then to me, you got a good R&B album on deck.

Now, this particular song is called "Toy Solider" Keri is basically portraying the heartache she feels from a man that she thought she loved and loved her back. A man that she let her guard down for, trusted, and felt safe with--her EVERYTHING. A man who told her that she would never have to worry, would always love her,  would never hurt her, and protect her--basically, her own personal LOVE SOLIDER. Unfortunately, in relationships, a lot of unexpected events can take place to change that all. Whether that is one person growing apart from the other, infidelity, verbal and/or physical abuse, the list could go on. Whatever the case may be, once that moment transpires, heartbreak takes place (and believe me, it's definitely not a GREAT feeling).

Now, this isn't the official video of the song. It is actually a fan made video that is taking snippets from R&B artist, Trey Songz "Your Side of The Bed' video, and incorporating it with the words of "Toy Solider".

Keri Hilson to me is an underrated artist.  A lot of people say she can't sing, can't dance, has no swag, no personality, not pretty, etc, etc, etc. But in my opinion, I feel like she is an AMAZING artist and is in fact one of my favs. (along with Trey Songz. Hmmmm...yuummmmyyy lol). So take a listen to this song. Ladies, if you're going through a situation such as a break up, take a listen. And fellas, not understanding where she's coming from or don't understand how she's currently feeling, also take a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment