Monday, March 7, 2011

'Cuz I'm Tryna Be Unforgettable

I hope you all had a great Monday and enjoying your evening. I'm POOPED but it didn't stop me from blogging. Primarily because the person I want to share my events of the day with is currently unavailable and is not within my reach at the moment. *sighs*  So, what can you do...*Melly Shrug*

These next two songs that I am about to post I have been BLASTING in the car any chance I got today. Felt great to cruise to these songs after work, while overlooking the skyline of the BIG CITY from afar...reminded me of....*sighs*

Anywho...on to the post :-)


I've been bumping this song ALL day. Back to Back to BACK!!!! I really was just in a Drake mood today. In fact, this was the other song that I woke up to this morning (in my head of course). This song titled "Unforgettable" feat Young Jeezy, is featured on Drake's first official album, Thank Me Later released back in June 2010. Thank Me Later features a lot of his frequently played hits including "Find Your Love", "Over", "Miss Me", and "Fancy". I honestly think that there isn't a SINGLE SOUL on this planet that does NOT know who Drizzy Drake is. (In our generation I'm referring to. Feel free to Google him if you don't.)

Now, getting back to this song, I love it! Seems like I love a lot of songs but hey....you can't blame me...I'm a music head and not ashamed about it--I love GOOD music--PERIOD!!! "Unforgettable" to me has a double meaning. If you listen to the lyrics of this song, I think you could figure it out. The greatest thing about music is that you can analyze it your own way. There are no right or wrong answers. Moving on though, the double meaning that I get out of this song is 1.) Someone who is rising to the top and trying to stay on top and does not want anyone to forget who they are...the name they made for themselves...and just in general, how hot they are. Sounds cocky doesn't it....but there's nothing wrong with trying to be unforgettable in that light. In Drake's case, I think he doesn't want ANYONE to forget how talented he is. Who can blame him! Now on to 2.) A break up that has occurred and this person (male or female) does not want to be forgotten--which is also normal. When a relationship ends...whether it ends on good or bad terms...I think it's normal to not want to be forgotten. In a situation where the relationship was GREAT and this person was indeed the "Best You Ever Had" (like how I slid that in there...hehehe...I know, I know, I'm soo corny..lol) then of COURSE you don't want to be forgotten. 

As I stated above, how ever you decide to interpret this song is up to you. If you're not familiar with this tune, then take a listen. You talk wanting to hear quality music....then.....here it is. 

NOOOOOOWWWW...on this the next song!!!
 
I'm not even going to get into a long detailed or even a short description of this song with this artist. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE ME SOME TRIGGA TREY! Like, it's NOT A GAME. His looks have something to do with it, but I really like his songs--even if MOST OF his songs are sex related. Let's be serious now people....SEX SELLS! Anywho, "Unfortunate" which is on this 3rd album titled  Passion, Pain, and Pleasure, has to be one of my MOST FAV Trey songs. I'm not even going to analyze the lyrics of this song. Just take a listen! And I promise, ANYONE can relate to these lyrics. And if you can't, then that means you have NEVER had a serious break up in your life. 

Hope you guys can open your minds and let some new music into your life. Both of these songs never seem to disappoint...at least to me they don't. Relate-able an an easy listen...what's not to like about them!
Hope your ears enjoy what they are about to hear ( or have already heard ;-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment