Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Politics...As Usual

I don't even know where to begin. I heard the CRAZIEST thing as I came home from work today. First and foremost, let me just put out there that I'm not really into politics, but I have started to follow it more since I've relocated. I think as young and growing adults, we need to be VERY aware of the topics/issues that could possibly affect you in a positive or negative way. Now, with THAT said, what I'm about to write has NOTHING to do with the well-being of us at ALL. So, you guys know of a man named Donald Trump right? It appears that now he is questioning President Barack Obama's academics and intellect/intelligence, saying such things as "I heard he was a bad student, how did he get into Columbia and Harvard" and "I have friends who have kids that are smart and can't even get into Harvard" (or something along those lines when it comes both quotes). My immediate reaction....PISSED! It's so sad and unfortunate that till THIS DAY, people cannot accept that we have a African-American president, and will do ANYTHING to discredit him as a human being. Contrary to Mr. Trump's belief, Pres Obama was a very good student. He admits that he wasn't always that way, but I think it's normal for students to have that one semester or two that they don't do so great. And for Mr. Trump's INFORMATION...Pres Obama was the President of Harvard University's Law Review. Sooo, Mr. Donald Trump, are you trying to suggest that since Pres. Obama is a BLACK MAN that THAT puts him at a disadvantage when it comes to intelligence? That he's no smarter than a Caucasian male with them SAME exact transcripts, extracurricular activities, experiences etc.? I would really like to know the answer to those questions. But since you failed HORRIBLY at trying to discredit my Pres 3 YEARS into his presidency, I suggest you do something for me---SIT YOUR ASS DOWN and SHUT THE {*censored*} up!

And PLEASE PLEASE PLLLEEAAAASSSEEEE do NOT get me started on the woman that tried to challenge Obama on his U.S. citizenship. Yes, she straight came out and called Pres Obama a LIAR because he was not BORN in this country even AFTER she was presented with the actually document of his birth certificate. (Leaving out her name on purpose, because honestly, her name is NOT welcomed here. Check out CNN or MSNBC for more information.) I seriously CAN'T with people anymore. The one thing I admire about Pres. Obama the most (out of many things that is) is that through this all he is not phased by any of the slander. In his exact words, he considers it "silliness", and rightfully so. He has better things to do and take care then to worry about what individuals have to say about him.

I could go on and on about the naysayers, but I'm just going to end with a few words--GET OVER IT! We have an African-American president, which in my opinion is doing a HELL of a job trying to fix a country that was in shambles even before he was elected. In life, you have to realize that you can't make everyone happy. With a job like that, besides making the best decisions for the American people, who have to also make the best decisions for the country. Everybody doesn't have to agree with him or even like him, but one thing you will do, is RESPECT him!

*drops mic*


No comments:

Post a Comment